Rejection Proof by Jia Jian

Rejection Proof: How I Beat Fear and Became Invincible Through 100 Days of Rejection - Jia Jiang

Have you ever heard of or seen the video of the guy and the Krispy Kreme Olympic donuts (circa 2012)? If you did then you are acquainted with Jia Jiang and his journey against rejection. If you, like me, had/have no idea of what I’m talking about, then I recommend you to read this book.

Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang is the author’s recount of how he beat the fear of rejection through a series of self-imposed challenges during a 100 day period. After quitting his job, Jia started up a company of his own and when his dream didn’t go the way he had planned it, he had to choose between quitting and letting the feelings that come with failure rule his life or step back and reevaluate everything in order to find a new approach and make his dream come true.

He chose the second option. And for that he started an experiment in which he sought rejection for 100 days. Some days he found the rejection he expected but other days he found important and valuable life lessons that he carefully documented first on his blog and now on this book.

Rejection Proof is a book that will teach you many important life lessons. I want you to read the book but one of the most important ones is that this book will make you change your attitude towards rejection. For more about this check the full review on my blog.

Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang is a book for everyone. If you’re feeling insecure about anything in life, be it asking for a favor, trying to get into a certain college, a job or changing careers, selling something, starting your own business, blogging, finding funds for a charity, whatever, read this book. It will open your mind and give you ideas on how to face your fear, how to desensitize yourself against it and how to react to whatever the outcome may be. Also, if you are in a position in which you have to reject something or someone, read this book.

Rejection is inevitable in life. One way or another we will always face it. And it is completely normal to fear rejection. What you must always keep in mind is to never let the fear of being rejected paralyze you and keep you from living. It’s up to you. This book will help you learn how to achieve this and will pump up your optimism, after all, in Jia’s words:

…there is a possibility after rejection…rejection is not always the end of the story.

Buy on Amazon US

Buy on Amazon UK

I received a free copy of this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for a review. I was not financially compensated. The opinions expressed are my own and are based on my personal experience while reading it.This Post contains affiliate links.