Nihal of the Land of the Wind by Licia Troisi

Nihal of the Land of the Wind (Chronicles of the Overworld, 1) - Licia Troisi
Nihal of the Land of the Wind is an interesting fantasy filled story by Italian author Licia Troisi. It is the first book in her Chronicles of the Overworld Series. It was first published in Italian in 2004 and translated to English in 2014.

This book tells the story of Nihal, a girl who lives in the Land of the Wind with her father. She has great imagination and loves adventure. She is a tomboy and leadership among the little boys in the village comes natural to her. But suddenly the Land of the Wind falls under the evil Tyrant. Nihal’s world is shattered unexpectedly and so begins her fantastic journey which transforms her from a naïve little girl to an outstanding young female warrior.

Nihal is a likeable character from the get go. She feels like a real little girl who grows up before our eyes. More about her on the full review on my blog.

The fantasy world was great for my imagination. I liked it. There are dragons, knights, sword fights, forest creatures, sorcerers, magic, epic battles that kept my imagination flying and utterly entertained. The characters are great. Livon her dad is a hero. Sennar is a great side-kick. He compliments Nihal so well, which is the key because he never steals her thunder. Nihal is always the star of our story. You get a wide array of fantastic characters in this book.

Nihal of the Land of the Wind is a high fantasy coming-of-age story. Some people critique the lack of romance. For me it was refreshing to read a young adult book without that over used love triangle-instalove premise. It is a great book for kids and fans of fantastic epic worlds. An entertaining story for all ages from middle-grade and up. I would recommend this one if you’re looking for an entertaining story to read to the kids/grandkids. Book 2 in this series is titled Sennar’s Mission, it was published in English on September 2014 and is available on Kindle if you want to check it out. I know I added it to my TBR.

DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
I received an Electronic copy of this book but was not financially compensated in any way nor obliged to review. The opinions expressed are my own and are based on my personal experience while reading it. This post contains affiliate links.
Source: http://bloggeretterized.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/read-reviewed-52-nihal-of-the-land-of-the-wind-by-licia-troisi