Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn

Within These Walls - Ania Ahlborn

Full review on my blog.

Within These Walls is the recollection of “unusual” events that took place in two different time periods in a house located in 101 Montlake Road in Pier Pointe, Washington. The house is owned by Jeffrey Halcomb, a cult leader on death row for the death of 10 of his followers back in 1983. Halcomb has decided to give crime writer Lucas Graham exclusive interviews because he wants Graham to write his side of the story. But there is one catch: Lucas (Lou) must move into his house on Pier Pointe.

Lou is not going through a high point in his life, his wife is having an affair and his writing career desperately needs a comeback. He naively figures he’s got nothing to lose, takes the deal and moves into the infamous house with his 12 year old daughter, Virginia. The house welcomes its new inhabitants and without losing time finds the way to reveal to them the secrets she’s kept within her walls.

Aside from Lou and Virginia’s story line, we also read about Audra Snow, a congressman’s daughter who lived with Halcomb back in 1983, and was a victim of the mass murder that took place inside the house.

I couldn’t put this book down. I stayed up all night reading it and finished it at 5:30 AM. I really enjoyed how the story slowly pulled me in. It was creepy scary from the get go, and it got creepier as I kept reading. The author does a good job in blending the two storylines; the jumps between the different time periods are well executed and you never feel lost. The secrets are revealed not all at once but in a very addictive rhythm that keeps you turning the pages.

I don’t usually like to do comparisons but if I had to describe this book in that way, I would say that this book is pop culture’s Age of Aquarius meets The Sixth Sense (did you just hear “I see dead people” in your mind?). It has everything you can expect in an adult frightening read: mass murder, cults, orgies, ghosts, mystery, horror, thrills, love, grief, etc.

If you’re in the mood for a fast paced mix of paranormal, horror, mystery, suspense and psychological thrills all in one, this is the book for you. If you’re looking for a book to add to you Halloween TBR, this is the book for you. I’m looking forward to reading more of Ania Ahlborn‘s creepy horrific work.

Full review and other musings on my blog.

BUY ON AMAZON US | BUY ON AMAZON UK

DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
I received an Electronic copy of this book but was not financially compensated in any way nor obliged to review. The opinions expressed are my own and are based on my personal experience while reading it. This post contains affiliate links.
Source: http://bloggeretterized.wordpress.com/2015/10/31/read-reviewed-71-within-these-walls-by-ania-ahlborn